Want to get your students into serving at youth group?
Want to get students who wouldn’t normally come to church in the door?
There are lots of great ideas out there and You Own the Weekend is one that has worked incredibly well for our student ministry. In fact, it has become our biggest and best youth group teaching series of the year! This student-led series is all about empowering your teenagers and letting THEM do the work of the ministry. It is incredible the ownership they have and how contagious their faith becomes when they are the ones creating the youth group for their assigned week.
This guide will help you pull the whole thing off from start to finish! Sections include:
Table of Contents
- What is You Own the Weekend?
- You Own the Weekend Origins
- Benefits of a student-run series
- Where to Begin
- Ground Rules for the Series
- Suggested Timeline
- Picking Your Schools
- Guidelines for Adult mentors
- Possible YOTW Themes
- You Own the Weekend Random Thoughts/Ideas
- Media examples from YOTW
- Word Doc x1 | Leader Guide